Experts to Hire When Building a House
This blog was contributed by Suzie Wilson, Happier Home.
If you can’t find your dream home on the market, you may decide to build your own. When constructing a house from scratch, the right support is essential. To help you put together the ideal team, KB-Resource discusses several types of professionals who can help below.
Professionals to Help You Get the Land You Need
You can’t build on all types of land for both physical and legal reasons.
- Hire a local realtor to find a plot of land you’re allowed to build on.
- Determine how much money you’ll need for your house. An online cost calculator can give you a rough idea but an expert like a contractor can provide precise numbers.
- Talk to lenders about construction loans, which differ from home loans.
Professionals to Help You Prepare for Building
Advanced preparation is essential when building a house.
- Find a land surveyor to help you situate your dream home perfectly on the land.
- If you need to remove run down property or even a mobile home from your land, connect with experts who can quickly remove a mobile home or dilapidated building.
- Hire an architect to sketch out a plan for your house.
- Determine how long it will take to build the house, allowing you to plan your move-in date in advance.
A Team to Bring Your Vision to Life
Once you’ve got your dream house planned, it’s time to start building.
- Shop around for contractors to oversee the building process. Ask critical queries to ensure you’re hiring a reputable, reliable professional.
- Hire niche experts to address details like plumbing, carpentry, and electricity.
- Find landscape design services to spruce up the property’s exterior.
- Be mindful about effectively communicating with your team. Go above and beyond to provide clarity and respect, and be mindful of the potential for misinterpretation.
Address the Details to Finalize Your House
Get your home move-in ready with the finishing touches.
- Get rid of construction dirt and grit with a professional cleaning from top to bottom.
- Find an interior designer to select the furnishings and decor that will make your house a cozy home.
Building a house from scratch takes time, effort — and a team to help. While it can be a daunting process, especially when you first start planning, it will be well worth it. In the end, you’ll have your dream home, just as you envisioned it.
About Happier Home
Suzie Wilson has been an interior designer for over 20 years. What started as a hobby (and often, a favor to friends) turned into a passion for creating soothing spaces in homes of every size and style. She created Happier Home as a side project to help people near and far learn how to enhance their homes so that they’re picturesque and peaceful. All advice and services offered on the Happy Home website are free of charge, while she works with you on making your humble abode a Happier Home!